Monday 27 January 2014

From stethoscope to lenses

Hello, dreamers!

New week, new post, new dreams, new answers.

The dreamer who will respond the question: Where does the dream go? is my best friend and the photographer who is helping me with this blog: Andreea Doria Costin. It feels quite weird to write her whole name as since I firstly met her (almost since I can remember, about 16 years ago) I called her in every way possible. I think that the most interesting thing about her is that her look contradicts her personality. While her look is different, a little bit extravagant, she is actually a quiet and a little bit shy person at the first sight. But it is just a matter of time for her to get to know someone and let the butterfly (her beautiful personality) go out of the cocoon. I will now stop writing and let you meet her and her dreams.

    Photoographer: Andreea Doria Costin
    www.andreeadoriac.blogspot.com
            1.      What was your dream job as a kid? Tell us more about it.                                                                         
 As a child I didn't use to go out much or even have lots of activities that involved other children. I suppose that in a way, I was kind of afraid of them; they were way too noisy and messy and I was also frightened of unknown people. I was allowed to watch TV only about 4 hours a day and my favourite TV channel quickly became Animal Planet. Of course, Steve Irwin's show and Animal Rescuse were on my top list. Seeing more animals and analysing their behaviour in real life and those shows, I started loving animals more and more every day. I also started loving Australia, seeing it as a perfect setting as it is warm all the time and there are animals everywhere (excluding the sharks and scorpions hahaha). When I grew up I've adopted a lot of parrots, turtles, fish, guinea pigs, hamsters, a cat and even two little chickens, that in a couple of weeks became roosters. The both roosters end up tragically as my grandparents cooked them because they were too noisy and messy (I forgot to say that I kept them in an apartment on the 8th  floor). Until today I still didn't eat chickens raised in people's backyards. I have adopted so many pets because of my dream of being a vet. I was sure that a true vet should have lots of animals and take care of them, in order to understand their behaivour better. Later, I also found out that sometimes to help them, you have to cause a little pain (like the use of needles, interventions, pills). In my mind at that time, that wasn't really the perfect picture.

Photographer: Raluca Margescu
Raluca Margescu Photography

2.      What is your dream job now? Tell us more about it.

In my childhood I was also attracted by photography, as I was taking pictures of everything. Although, I have never thought then that it means something more than that because everyone who was asking me about my future plans, was getting the same firm answer “I love animals and I will become a vet”. But as many things in life, it didn't turn out how I was expecting. I've discovered that I’m really good at something else than offering love to pets. (hahaha). My dream job at the moment is to work for a magazine, maybe a fashion magazine. Also, not long time ago I discovered a new interesting job: director of photography  in a film. It’s a little bit strange that from the shy person I was in the past, I've embraced a job  in which I have to interact with other people. Surprisingly that’s my favourite part!! Communicating and working with others is really fun and after a few minutes of little 'tension' everybody is relaxed, and you feel like you know each other for years, even though you just met them half an hour before.


3.     Where does the dream go? What is happening to the dream of becoming a vet? Where is your current dream going?

The dream of becoming a vet has reduced, but it is reflected through the affection towards animals. I am still watching different shows and documentaries to learn more about them and I hope that with the little  knowledge I have I can give them a hand when they are in need. My present dream is evolving everyday; this year I am finishing  my BA degree in Video and Photography and at the moment I am waiting to see in which country I am going to live the next year.  Regarding my old dream, it has definitely changed, from pets to people, from medicine to arts, and perhaps it was all because of those two roosters.

Once again, thank you for bearing until the end! Also, many thanks to Raluca Margescu for helping with the photos.

Dreamy days and nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment